Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sweet Ray of Sunshine;-



One thing I found myself wondering when I first found out that I was pregnant, was "why us," and "why now?" Having an unexpected pregnancy can catch you extremely off guard. The first few weeks were extremely rough, I can't even lie about that. Emotions were high and neither of us were sure how to handle the situation. Thankfully, we kept our faith in God and every day has just become more of a blessing. Not only are John and I closer as a couple, but we have become more of best friends than anything. I look back to August 2014 and I wonder why we ever let petty things get between us. We definitely aren't the same people or the same couple that we were 5 months ago.

Now with this little heffer that is inside of me being the biggest blessing in our life, there has also come a lot of pain. At 7 weeks I was in the emergency room due to not being able to hold down anything. Actually during my first trimester I couldn't eat anything at all except peanut butter crackers. This resulted in me losing around 10-15 pounds. Thankfully the second trimester came fast and I got my appetite back, but not without still getting sick of course. During the beginning of my second trimester, every two and half weeks I would randomly get sick while eating. Now that my third trimester is only ONE WEEK and three days away, I get sick probably about every three and a half weeks or once a month. It's a horrible feeling, but they all say that it is worth it in the end. Now this week was an entirely different story!! Tuesday morning (1/6) I woke up John around 4:30 and we rushed to the emergency room. I was having horrible sharp pains, couldn't walk without hurting, and was sick to my stomach. They immediately sent me to labor & delivery! Finally..... three hours later, they gave me pain medication and got me put up in a room. Next thing I knew they were keeping me there overnight. I honestly wasn't complaining because I love being in the hospital. Come to find out I had a gallbladder attack. This was due to my horrible eating habits and a wonderful baby that was pushing on my gallbladder. The worst thing about this was I was only allowed to eat jello. The doctor wouldn't let me eat normal food until my pain stopped. Thursday morning, they sent me home with pain medication and all was well. This little rascal inside of me has been an active gymnast ever since I got home. So now that I'm done rambling, let's just pray that the next few weeks go by smoothly because hospitals make John uneasy when I'm laying up in a bed in horrible pain! I think he might have had a worse night at the hospital than I did. :(

So here is a 4D picture of our little angel at exactly 25 weeks. She kept her arms in her face the entire time, but those lips are too cute. I definitely can't wait to meet her. Huge shout out to First Glimpse Ultrasound for all the amazing help they have been during my pregnancy. They have always gotten the best pictures of her. So check out their facebook: First Glimpse Facebook



How far along are you? 25 weeks and 4 days! Only 1 week & 3 days until I hit third trimester! :)
Total weight gain/loss: My next appointment is Wednesday, so we will have to see then! My tummy has grown, so I'm thinking at least a good 4-6 pounds!
Maternity clothes? Nuh uh! I actually wore my Dear John jeggings for date night tonight! They are actually even loose in my thighs! *snaps for that*
Sleep? It's gotten better. If I can't sleep it is because my muscles are hurting. It's hard to be comfortable when your pregnant. I miss sleeping on my stomach!
Movement? All the dang time. She is crazy. Seriously, she jumps around like she never runs out of energy. 
Anything making you queasy/sick? Not anymore! Everything that makes me sick when I eat it, well I still eat it. haha
Belly button in or out? It's still not fully out, but I'm starting to actually look a little bit more pregnant now that you can kinda see it poking.
Happy or moody most of the time? Definitely happy. I rarely get moody. I get aggravated with people when I'm driving or in public, but that's because people are just stupid.
Weekly wisdom: If you have someone that is doing everything for you or taking care of you, be sure to thank them. I couldn't imagine how rough the past few weeks or just this past week in general would have been if John wasn't there with me. He has been the biggest blessing and has definitely been my rock this whole journey.
Milestones: I found out that she isn't fond of having things against my stomach. When John places his arm on my stomach, she kicks and when the doctors strapped dopplers to my stomach, she kicked constantly. Also, she can see light now. Which is weird because she's inside of me, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment