Thursday, February 26, 2015

We're In The Home Stretch ;-

So much has gone on in the past sixteen days, so this blog post may be a little bit longer than usual. :)



I want to start this post off by giving major props to my "baby daddy", other half, best friend, or what ya'll may know him as John. I used to think and many girls these days will always think that a good boyfriend is a guy that gravels at your feet, brings you flowers unexpectedly, takes you on dates, and surprises you with little gifts whenever you least expect it. I'm here to tell you that those things are nice, but those things are not what makes someone a good boyfriend or should I say someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. I cherish mine and John's relationship more and more the longer we are together. He is such a sweetheart and he does little things to surprise me every few months, but those things are nothing compared to what I've witnessed the past few weeks. After my Mammaw Judy had her brain aneurysm and I saw how my Papa acted and stuck by her side taking care of her for months, I knew that I wanted a man like my Papa that would take care of me no matter what. "Through sickness and in health" is a serious vow that many people look over. When John and I first started dating my Mammaw asked him one night after dinner if he would take care of me if anything happened to me like what happened to her because it isn't an easy job. John's response was, "It's not easy taking care of her now and there isn't anything wrong with her." Yes we laughed and yes he was right. I'm stubborn and annoying at times and sometimes I know he wants to hit me up the side of the head. That night though, we never imagined that John being 24 and myself being 22, that he would be taking care of me more than a boyfriend should. Since my car wreck, John has slept on a hospital floor, helped me walk like it was my first time walking again, held my hand and wiped my tears while I cried in pain, taken care of the apartment and our dog, grocery shopped, and many other things that many people just don't think are a big deal, but they really are. I'm more than blessed to have someone like him to stand by my side. When I look back at the things I wanted in relationships, I will never understand why I thought that nice dates and a ton of gifts were everything. Those things don't take care of you when you are unable to get out of bed and walk. Those things can never compare to the unconditional selfless love that John has given me. 



So as many people know, I was in a car wreck on February 13. This is only my second wreck in my life and after this I never want to be rear ended ever again. John and I had just picked up a redbox movie and some chocolate covered strawberries that my mom had ordered us. I was so excited to just go home and have a great Friday night and enjoy my strawberries. Well while we we stopped waiting to turn left onto the street that runs into the street we live on, a girl rear ended us. She told police that she never saw us and she was driving anywhere between 45-55 miles per hour. I never saw it coming and blacked out when it happened. She hit us so hard that the driver and passenger seats broke and instead of going forward, John and I went backwards. We still aren't sure to this day if I hit my stomach on the steering wheel, but the two of us hit our heads on something. All I remember is sitting up and I was crying because my back was hurting so bad. John was freaking out asking if I was ok and then that is when it hit me that we had been in a wreck. The trunk was pushed so far forward that the back seats were poking forward. I was transported to the hospital by ambulance and then John showed up shortly after. I was in a neck brace and was unable to walk. They did an xray of my neck and then asked me to move to a wheelchair once they discharged me. I could not even get in the wheelchair. A nurse had to hold me up and walk me to the chair. After John was discharged from the ER, we decided to go up to Labor and Delivery just to check on the baby and make sure she was ok. Shortly after getting into a room, I began to have contractions. It was the most miserable thing I have ever experienced. By the end of the night, I had been given two shots of pain medication to help with contractions, a steroid shot in case the baby was born, taken two xrays, been poked with an IV twice, and spent 45 minutes getting an MRI. I was unable to move my left leg so every time they moved me to a stretcher or another bed, someone had to pick the left side of my body up to move me. The next day, I got another steroid shot and then was finally sent home. I ended back up in labor and delivery 4 days later with abdominal pains, but luckily it was nothing serious. The doctors did find that I have a cyst inside of my placenta, so they are monitoring that since it causes risk to the baby.



So now that I am off of my chatter box, we can get onto what everyone has been wanting to read about; Baby E! 

Questionnaire Time!!

How far along are you? Today I am 32 weeks and 2 days! The picture above was taken yesterday during our wonderful snow shower! 

Total weight/gain loss: I was still weighing in at 166 every time I ended up at the doctors. Since I haven't been able to go to the gym or do physical activity, I may have gained a few more pounds!

Maternity clothes? I haven't bought anymore since my last update. I love my maternity ripped jeans. They are comfy and super cute! I'll have pictures for my next update! Which next update with include pictures from two baby showers and my maternity pictures! :D

Stretch Marks? I haven't gotten anymore in the past two weeks. Still praying it stays that way!

Sleep? Sleep the past two weeks has been hell. I slept in the recliner for 11 days due to not being able to get up, lay on my back, etc. I finally decided to try and sleep in the bed 2 nights ago. I knew when I woke up the next day I would be in pain and boy was I right. The recliner is comfy and I love it, but I love sleeping next to John more. So we try to use pillows and stuff to try and keep me comfortable in our bed!

Movement: She is killing me. She is head down and pushing on my bladder and groin area. It's painful and it sucks. Her feet are in my ribs and when she kicks it feels like someone is hammering nails into my rib bones. She is a very active baby though, so I am very happy about that! I'd rather have her moving than being still any day.

Food Cravings: I still need potato salad! Besides that, I've craved Buffalo Wild Wings here lately, but am too broke to afford it! I will get me some though eventually. Also, Orange Leaf. Luckily, I won a $20 gift card to OL, so I plan to go get myself some yogurt sometime soon!

Baby Stats: They didn't tell me how long she was at my last doctors visit. I know that she was weighing in at 4 pounds two weeks ago, so she may be a little over 4 pounds by now! Her heartbeat usually ranges from 140-155.

Symptoms:
  • Nausea - we aren't sure if this is my pain medicine or not because it seems to hit me randomly, but it definitely sucks! I don't want to have third trimester nausea after dealing with it for the first 16 weeks!
  • Braxton Hicks are still killing me. They have started to be more frequent now, so that is no fun at all! 
  • I have a ton of pressure on my pelvic area thanks to her head being down. I'm ready to get this little heffer out!
Labor Signs? I haven't had any labor signs so far. March is a new month though, so I wouldn't doubt it if I started having them soon. She is head down and the pressure gets pretty crucial sometimes, so as long as we can stay away from contractions, I may be able to keep her in a little longer!

What I Miss: At this point, I just miss not being in pain. Between the car wreck and being this close to her due date, the pains move in together and it just isn't fun by no means! I miss being able to lie on my back comfortably and even my side. When I lay on my side, my back hurts and when I lay on my back, my backs hurts! lol, there is no winning! 

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting out little Baby E. That is really all I think about now. I know I need to enjoy the silence that I have and the little bit of sleep that I get at the moment, but I just want to meet her and see how precious she is. 


Here is our most recent 4D picture! It was taken when she was 30 weeks! We get one more next week and that'll be our last time we get to see her until she is born! 

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment